Organisation Managerial Capability
The organisation’s management of our PNG based operations are centred in two regional locations in Papua New Guinea, and not a foreign business centre. This removes the bureaucracy from the organisation, and allows it to remain focussed on delivering and achieving results. The absence of foreign corporate management also allows us to be a flexible and adaptable organisation, to meet our customers ever changing needs.
The capability model adopted by the company is a dynamic one. This allows us the freedom to look at achieving outcome focussed goals with the client, or another way, a qualitative value outcome.
Using this approach, our organizational management capability operates in a dynamic environment, where when client function / outputs change, this then filters through to the KPI for individual officers within the business, across our entire quality assurance system.
Focussing on what this looks like in our management capability, we break this down into 4 areas:
- People – TheManagementTeam.
- Physical Technical Systems:
- Project Management.
- Project Delivery.
- Asset Management and.
- Logistics Management.
- Managerial Systems.
- Skills and Knowledge.
- Values and Norms.
R & A Marine Services Dynamic Capability Model
- Function/output of client defined
- Risk function defined
- Function integrated into system
- KPI for function defined
- Each KPI delegated
- Each KPI consistently monitored
- KPI and function reviewed regularly
- Feedback and improvement
- Staff buy in and ownership
- Implement change at inputs, integration and individualised KPI phases
Project Management Capability
As part of our Organisational Managerial Capability Framework, we hold the core technical capability to a high standard for project management services that we offer.
The Company performs numerous functions within Project and Development management. The following list highlights a sample of these services and demonstrates our expertise:
- Project brief development;
- Project Management Plan preparation; Ÿ Concept analysis;
- Consultant team selection / tendering; Ÿ Design Management;
- Construction tendering and award;
- Contract administration;
- Construction / quality monitoring;
- Defect rectification;
- Handover and occupation.
Project Delivery Management Capability
Working in Papua New Guinea, the delivery of projects is a big risk. We have the proven experience, knowledge, capability and infrastructure underpinning our organisation to consistently delivery project delivery services in Papua New Guinea.
Our capabilities include:
- Immediate deployment of staff in our regional offices (across 5 provinces in PNG);
- Regionally located and constantly operating shipping services, that are integrated within our business, reducing reliance on external shipping providers;
- Technically trained staff, in personnel management, construction methodologies and procedures and technical engineering, including electrical, mechanical, structural, hydrologic, rigging and working at heights, surveys, soil testing and other engineering specialties;
- Deployed regional staff in each province to support in general labour and manual task delivery;
- Plant and equipment either already deployed in regional locations, or capable of being immediately deployed via our logistics arm;
- Ocean, land and air based logistical capabilities.
Asset Management Capability
Our maintenance services offer:
- 24 hour hotline for our clients to report any urgent or non-urgent maintenance requirements;
- A comprehensive inventory of tools and parts to maintain your equipment;
- Provision of fuel;
- Mobilization of personnel and equipment and fuel to the site (refer to logistics services);
- Maintenance of generators and electrical equipment used for telecommunications;
- Our team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to undertake maintenance services.
Logistics Management Capability
Our logistics and shipping services offer:
- Developing strategies for moving your equipment
- Passengers for localities in West and East New
- Britain and New Ireland
- General cargo
- Building supplies
- Telecommunication towers
- Helicopter slinging
- Fuel and oil
We can help you develop and implement strategies for moving your equipment safely and securely in PNG.