R & A Marine Services Limited (RAMS) is a marine logistics and shipping, construction and maintenance company which services the telecommunications, government, building, goods and services, agriculture and mining industry throughout Papua New Guinea. We are a privately owned and PNG registered company, with two main bases of operation located in Kimbe in West New Britain and Rabaul in East New Britain and satellite offices and fuel stores in Kavieng, Lihir and Namatanai, New Ireland and Daru, Tabubil and Kiunga in Western Province.
RAMS was established in 2004, previous to this being called A & A Marine Services. The two founders of the company, Tass Allayialis and Ronald Achurch have over 80 years combined marine and shipping experience and have worked in PNG since the mid 1990’s. They started with commercial diving, passenger and general cargo logistics and shipping and marine salvage and towing then branching into maintenance and construction of telecommunication towers for Telecom PNG and Digicel.
Our clients commission us to undertake the following services:
- Logistics and shipping (charter, passengers, general cargo, fuel and oil, parts, building supplies, marine salvage and towing)
- Construction (lattice towers)
- Maintenance (power, telecommunications)
These services are coordinated by our highly experienced management team of logistics and shipping, maintenance and construction operations managers.
Our management team is supported by 300 full time and several thousand casual employees.
We have a diverse fleet of multi-purpose vessels, barges with helipads, quick response boats, four wheel drive vehicles, forklifts and trucks that we utilize to service coastal areas throughout PNG. Our fleet includes:
- MV Halen Spirit, MV Velma Spirit and MV Jetta Spirit which are 24-25 metre multi-purpose vessels
- MV Emelia Spirit and MV Eliakos Spirit which are 39-42 metre landing craft
- MV Mira Spirit, 24 m Passenger vessel (99 PAX)
- MV Aston Spirit, 12 m Passenger/Crew Transfer Fast Speed Catamaran
- Spirit 1 and Spirit 2, which are 18 metre dumb barges
- The Boss, the Viking, the Koby our quick response vessels.
- Fleet of 4WDs, forklifts and trucks
Health, Safety, Environment and Community is core to our business. By maintaining high standards for the health, safety and environmental management of our operations, we have an exemplary record of upholding the health and safety of our employees and the public and protecting the environment. We acknowledge our responsibility to improving the conditions of the communities we work in and provide pro bono assistance to various endeavors in relation to schooling, vocational training, sponsorships and donations to various causes. We are also committed to ethical business practices and honesty and integrity in our operations.